7.23.2012

Revisiting old paintings

The Red Dress

The Perfect Coat

These were two paintings I did in 2010 and thought it'd be fun to post them again. I may do some more of these, maybe larger. I think I've gotten better at oil painting after three years or more of practice. I've always drawn and painted with watercolors and acrylics but it wasn't until 2009 that I stared teaching myself how to oil paint. I've been studying everything I can get my hands on ever since. Now that I'm doing it full time I think all the practice has really. I would love to take a workshop with several well known artists, but it's not in my budget...at least not right now. Until then, my mentors are online and in the wonderful books I have. My favorite is Kevin Macpherson's "Fill Your Oil Painting with Light & Color", but there are so many other good ones and I learn a little bit from each and then incorporate what I've learn into my own style. 

These two paintings are no longer available but I may be able to offer them as prints in my Etsy shop. Stay tuned for more!






8 comments:

Terra said...

I always enjoy having a peek at what you are up to, painting wise.

Susan said...

Very fashionable, Jennifer! Nice job. Susan

Jennifer Beaudet said...

Thanks so much for the visit! I always enjoy reading your comments:)

Libbie said...

These are sooo glamourous! I just love them! Thanks for sharng them with us!

Jennifer Beaudet said...

Thanks so much for following me Libbie! I'm glad you like them!

koralee said...

I adore them...the red dress is beautiful..hugs.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Just beautiful--I adore vintage clothing--anything from the 20s-50s is right up my alley!

Jennifer Beaudet said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I plan on painting some new ones like this but larger!