5.25.2014

Positive Vibes


sold 



In an earlier post (I've reverted to draft) I spoke about social anxieties and confidence. I need to follow up by saying that I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't believe in myself and my work. We all have thoughts of self doubt sometimes, but you can't let those thoughts keep you from living your dream. Positive thinking (and a lot of hard work) is what got me this far, and I know it will continue to propel my dreams! It's a combination of everything…a positive attitude, confidence, studying, and working every day, taking the steps needed to obtain your goals! It doesn't happen overnight...

When I first started this blog I called it "My Life As a Starving Artist" because I was starving to express myself through paint (I wasn't literally starving but believe me, living the frugal life I lead does give some great incentive to succeed!) I think that may be what sets me apart from a lot of artists. Not all, but several, have had other successful careers and started painting after that, having a nice budget to fall back on. Money is not the most important thing for me, but when you need it to pay the bills it kind of gives you a little push to try harder. Back when I decided I couldn't spend another day not creating art for my life, I was raising my daughter, doing it all on my own, with a minimum wage job I took to start our new life in a small town. Sometimes difficult, our situation didn't leave much time or energy for me to do much of anything else besides raising my beautiful daughter. I managed to create things on the side selling in our local craft fair, but couldn't dedicate the time that it would take for a real business. I always felt like something was missing and had a great desire to express myself with my art. I just had to! After years of living like this, I managed to get one of the best jobs around here (in my opinion). Working with special needs children gave me so much joy and I felt like I was actual making a difference in their lives. I loved my job but still had to create. Working in the school system, I was able to spend more time painting having summers off! So that's when I started painting everyday and posting them on here. I had nothing to lose and so much to gain! Painting almost every day and using the internet to learn as much as I could (for free), I was able to improve my painting skills to better express my passion for the world! It was a big bonus when I found that people actually like what I paint enough to display it in their homes! 

It's taken almost 5 years to get to where I am today and may take another 5 to get to where I want to be...but I won't give up! I have big dreams of making enough money with my art, to, buy my daughter a car and move to Hawaii (or at least back to the coast. Yes…I'm a dreamer! haha!) but I also want to give back! I want to be able to support the causes that I care about, like special needs children, homeless people, and others who are struggling through life like I have at times. I believe we as artists and as humans can make a difference in this world. We have a voice and need to use it for positive causes. I truly believe that dreams CAN come true and with positive thinking, a lot of hard work, dedication and meditation, almost anything is possible. I also am a believer that everything happens for a reason. 

yes, I said meditation…to be continued in my next post! 

Jen

4 comments:

Terra said...

As you know I have been your blog friend for a long time, and I enjoyed hearing more of your story. I see now that it took years of study, painting, learning to get to this level of creating beautiful paintings.

Jennifer Beaudet said...

Thanks Terra! Yeah, I've been at it for my whole life in someway or another! Thank you for sticking around!:)

Portraits by NC said...

You will reach all your goals as long as you stay focused and continue to follow your dreams. I enjoy seeing the progress of how you grow as an artist. :)

Jennifer Beaudet said...

Thanks for believing in me Enzie! I sure appreciate your friendship and mentoring! You're very sweet and an amazing artist! :)