5.02.2015

New Pink Fancy Lady Painting





This pretty lady in pink was inspired by a vintage photo. I believe it's Vogue. The photo was black in white without any flowers. I also made my own interpretation of her face. 
I love vintage fashion! I grew up making paper dolls and admiring my mom's framed hand-painted prints from the Godey's Lady Book and Magazine. And of course my favorite movie is 
Gone With The Wind! The fashions were so beautiful back then. 

This original oil painting is on an 11x14 ampersand gesso board. I ended up naming her
"Blushing Anticipation"…a combination of help from my Facebook friends! 





2 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

It's beautiful and I adore vintage fashion as well:) Have a great start to the week, lovely.

Jen Beaudet said...

Thanks Diana! I hope your week is great too!:)

NEW Website!

Modern Impressionist Field of Flowers

  Available here New art available on my website! I love flowers and I'm not sure what these would be but I hope you enjoy it! This was ...