5.13.2019

Newly Inspired...Finally!?


It's been a big adjustment and transitional time of my life. So many changes and more on their way! I've moved 3 times in as many years, and am now moving once more. I hope I will be there long enough to start a new life. It's not easy being a nomad. Things have been relatively good over the last three years, or at least not terrible.
I did lose my dad about four months ago and I'm still going through it...but things are not terrible. I'm living my dream, with the ocean only a few miles from me, and beautiful Socal weather every day! Although it has been a cold year, I think summer will be perfect! So Excited that I will be waking up to a dreamy ocean view with inspiration right outside my window!
I'm engaged to an amazing man who treats me how I deserve to be treated. I realize now I was only being treated badly because I chose to be. I chose who I was with, no one forced me to be in abusive relationships. I also realize I don't need someone to make me happy, I'm really happy by myself. It's just a bonus to have someone to share my happiness with! I'm not saying that my life is perfect, whose really is? But it's better than it has been in a long time and I know it will continue this way.
Ok...I can go on and on about my personal life but I don't want to bore you too much...
So, about my art...I can blame it on a lack of my own studio space, my computer (with all my files) died, and not to mention I've been cutting hair, like a robot, to pay the rent. Actually there are a multitude of factors that have played a role in my "little break" from my art, but the real reason is ME. I just haven't felt motivated, no energy, no inspiration. That is changing, I can feel it. It doesn't hurt that I made a sale today! Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I have a super studio moving sale happening right now! I just sold one of the largest pieces I have left but there are still a few left if you want to take a look...right here at some original paintings in my Etsy shop.




I also have another solo show in Santa Barbara in September but I'll tell you about that another time.

I hope you are still on blogger. I know I'm not very often anymore, but it's still a good place to get it out regardless if anyone sees it or not. Until next time...






1 comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

I am so, so happy for you, Jen! I've been wondering where you have been and of course, I'm terribly sorry you have been going through rough times. But onward!!!

Keep up the good work and please continue to share! :)

Jane xxx

NEW Website!

Modern Impressionist Field of Flowers

  Available here New art available on my website! I love flowers and I'm not sure what these would be but I hope you enjoy it! This was ...